Emporium Productions are making a new documentary for Channel 5 with the working title WHY DO MEN EARN MORE THAN WOMEN? to be presented by The Apprentice’s Karren Brady.
As more women speak up over unequal pay and the gender pay gap – Karren will try to get to the bottom of why this issue still exists and ask what we can do about it.
The documentary makers are looking for men and women to take part in a few fun stunts to help illustrate the problem. One of the biggest factors in the gender pay gap is down to the ‘motherhood penalty’ across all industries.
So, if any of this sounds familiar and applies to you – then why not get in touch:
- Have you had to take a step back in your career, or feel you have been penalised because of family commitments.
- Since having children have you had to take a pay cut, do shorter hours or go part time?
- Have you ever tried to negotiate for better pay?
- Have you returned to work and feel you have been discriminated against because you have children?
- Have you ever been given a bonus after having a family?
- Maybe your loyalty has been questioned because you have a family?
- Have you been granted a promotion after asking for one?
- Have you missed out on promotions because bosses assumed you couldn’t take on the same responsibilities because of kids?
- Do you feel you lack the confidence to ask for a raise compared to your male colleagues.
Filming will take place at the end of January/ beginning of February and people would have to be available for one day of filming, dates tbc.
If you are interested in sharing your story on screen or have experienced these issues and just want to take part in a fun visual stunt then please get in touch with
firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact details and the best time to speak to you.